A Leadership Pledge
- I acknowledge that leadership is a privilege and not a right. Because of the privilege granted to me other people depend upon me to make excellent decisions.
- I will not make a decision to select either one good objective or another good objective without first considering a decision that achieves both good objectives. (the Both And Theory)
- I will base no decision upon fear, pride or ego.
- I will not judge a person based upon anything other than character and ability. And I will work to help others who have apparent disabilities.
- I will lead my organization in such a manner that I will help end racism and sexism.
- The organization I lead will leave the planet and mankind better than I found them. I will always consider the environment, including the human environment, in all of my decisions.
- I expect thought conflict in my organization and will value and encourage it, always respecting those who disagree with me. During this thought conflict resolution, I will always respect my leadership team, colleagues and our organization.
- Because I need improving tools to adapt to emerging business and technological trends, I value life-long learning and will personally continue my education whether formally or informally. I will also encourage those whom I lead to continue their life-long learning.
- I will work to create jobs that pay a living wage.
- I will respect those I lead because I know that without them, I can create nothing.
And I pledge that I will pass my leadership skills to the next generation of leaders who will benefit from both my successes and my failures.